In case you're new to my blog, Bunny is our beloved little cat who don't got no tail. After a brief period of really cute stalking, a stray Bun (still kittenish) decided that she wanted me to be her mama ten years ago, and we have been cat and crazy cat lady ever since. When Jeff entered our world, Bun took to him right away. She's friendly with all humans, but something about Jeff's gentle nature and the way he would hold her like a baby...
...created an intense bond between the two of them. Bun's been on special oral medication that Jeff gives her twice a day via syringes, and while it is kind of yucky, she takes it like a champ and is given treats afterward. You'd think Bun would fear Jeff or hold a grudge, but their bond has only become stronger. She (using me as her mouthpiece) calls him Jeffray and is often quite sassy with him. He gives her deli roast beef from the refrigerator sometimes, and now whenever either of us is in the kitchen, Bun trots out and begs for some with her new "BUN WANT BEEFIES" cry: "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" And then there's couch time with Jeff:
I'm glad that Jeff loves my cat as much as I do. She's not like other cats, and when we notice some object or creature that reminds us of her, we'll announce, "That's very Bunlike." Here is a list of the top ten things that are very Bunlike.
1. The Burl Ives snowman character. Because of shape and our wish to see her in a vest with pocket watch.
2. A buffalo. I love the little galloping noise she makes when she runs.
3. BUNNIES OBVIOUSLY.
4. The AMC Pacer.
5. Chubby bears. Bun is like a living teddy bear, and this is especially apparent when she sits up and grooms her stomach, looking a lot like so:
6. Owls, such as the ones above and below. Owl was her runner-up name.
7. A bottom-heavy pineapple (when she's sitting up straight).
8. This lion fountain in Rome--we cracked up when we saw it. If too much time has elapsed between feedings, Bun tends to gobble her food and promptly throws it all up.
9. Uter from the Simpsons. One of our top goals is to find cat-sized lederhosen and other German Oktoberfest accessories and make Bun wear them. She would look so cuuuuuuuute.
10. Nebraska. I kind of don't feel like I should have to explain why, but if you don't see it, this is Bun in profile. Her head is the small part of Nebraska, and the rest of her is the big part.
And finally, I leave you with a family favorite--a little game of grab-ass with Bun and her brother Q.